Our Friends are people who are interested in supporting local families in a number of ways.
They are lead by a committee and organise a number of events every year, such as:
- A nearly new clothes sale in beautiful surroundings
- A Christmas Lunch for invitees with stalls full of Christmas gifts
- A Bridge evening
There are always demands on our resources and the following figures will help to show how we use the donations we receive:
- £165 – will provide weekly home visits from a volunteer to a family for one month
- £320 a year will train and support a volunteer
- £500 will fund our Christmas Party for up to forty children
- £2000 a year will hire the hall for our Family Groups
You can help in a number of ways:
- Hold a Fundraising Event and donate the proceeds to Home-Start Uttlesford
- Make a regular donation (Regular Donations form)
- Leave a gift in your Will
Use Virgin Money Giving: Through Virgin Money Giving, you can sponsor us and donations will be quickly processed and passed to us. Virgin Money Giving is a not for profit organisation and will claim gift aid on a charity’s behalf where the donor is eligible for this.
Giving regular donations directly to Home-Start Uttlesford
If you wish to make a donation, or regular donations to our charity directly you can use this donation form. These donations are made directly to us and do not go through a third party. Additionally if you are a UK tax payer we can claim back the tax and increase the donation to our cause. You can download the donations form here
We are always happy to offer help and support to individuals or companies looking to hold fundraising events on our behalf. From tea parties to quiz nights to sponsored walks, there are many ways to raise funds to support our work. If you have any great ideas about fundraising events, or you would like one of our co-ordinators to talk to you – or your organization – about the work of Home-Start Uttlesford please contact us using our contact us page.